5. The Site and Services provide you with opportunities to link to, or otherwise use, sites and services offered through or by third-party(ies). Your use of these third-party services is subject to terms posted by these third-party(ies). We have no control over any third-party site or service and we are not responsible for any changes to any third-party service or for the contents thereof, including, without limitation, any links that may be contained in or accessible through such third-party service. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these third-party sites or services. Our inclusion of advertisements for, or links to, a third-party site or service does not constitute an endorsement.
6. All Services and the Site are provided on an “AS IS WHERE IS” basis. Mediacorp makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied (to the extent permitted by law) : (a) as to the use, security, accuracy, reliability, non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Site; or (b) that the use of the Site will be uninterrupted and free of any viruses or bugs.
7. In no event shall Mediacorp or any of its affiliates or related corporations be liable for any loss, injury, damage, claims, costs or expense of any kind arising from any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful elements, communication line failure, breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, copyright infringement, breach of intellectual property right or any other cause of action.
8. All content and materials on the Site are the exclusive property of Mediacorp or its content suppliers, and may be downloaded or printed for your own personal and non-commercial use only. All copyright notices on downloaded or printed material must be retained. Save as specifically permitted here, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, repost, modify, transmit, make available to the public, adapt, create a derivative work or otherwise use or exploit any content on the Site in any way or for any purpose. In addition, you may not distribute or make available any part of the Site over any other website or any network.
9. The names, trademarks, service marks and logos (the "Trade Marks") displayed on the Site are registered or unregistered Trade Marks of Mediacorp, its affiliates or licensors. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any such Trade Marks. Mediacorp prohibits use of the Trade Marks as a "hot" link or in-link to any Mediacorp site or other site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by Mediacorp in writing.
10. Mediacorp may provide facilities on the Site to permit you to submit any contribution (including but not limited to any text, graphics, video and/or audio content, and other materials or information) (“Submissions”) to Mediacorp or to the Site directly. You are solely responsible for your own Submissions, and Mediacorp only acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of your Submissions.
11. By submitting your Submissions, you agree as follows:-
(a) you will not include any content in your Submissions that is or could be unlawful, defamatory, offensive, obscene, dangerous or false, or any content that is protected by copyright or other intellectual property right, without first obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rights-holder, or any content that contains any viruses, bugs or other harmful elements;
(b) you hereby grant to Mediacorp a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and sub-licensable right and licence to use and exercise all copyright and publicity rights you have in your Submissions in any media and for any purpose;
(c) you will not assume a false identity or the identity of another user when using the Site, and you will not use the Site for any unlawful or illegal activities, including but not limited to spamming, harassing or otherwise causing distress to other users.
12. Mediacorp shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Submissions contributed to the Site, including chat rooms and forums. Mediacorp shall have the right to remove or delete any material that Mediacorp, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of these terms or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate without having to assign any reason therefore. In addition, Mediacorp shall have the right to terminate your use of the Site if it believes that you have violated these terms or for any other reason whatsoever, without notice to you.
13. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp”) for the following purposes:
(a) For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
(c) For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
(d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
(f) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in Clause 13 above;
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in Clause 13 above.
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at .email@example.com
15. Where you subscribe for any services on the Site that relates to any advertisement or other similar services, whether as a potential seller or buyer, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that the Site acts as a venue only and Mediacorp is not responsible for the reliability, accuracy or truthfulness of any information that is posted by other users.
16. You agree to defend and hold Mediacorp, its affiliates and related corporations from and against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees on an indemnity basis, arising out of your use of the Site or any breach of these terms. In addition, Mediacorp may use whatever information that is available about you to stop any such breach or any unlawful or inappropriate use of the Site, including informing any third party Mediacorp deems appropriate of such breach or use and/or disclosing your personal information to such third party.
17. If any of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such term shall be struck out and the remaining terms shall be enforced. Any failure to act by Mediacorp with respect to any breach by you or others of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions does not waive Mediacorp’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
18. You hereby agree and acknowledge :-
(a) that all electronic communications made pursuant to the use of this Site shall be given legal effect, validity and enforceability and shall have, between the parties thereto, comparable evidential value to that accorded to a signed written document;
(b) not to contest the legally binding nature, validity or enforceability of any transaction on the Site on the ground that it was entered into electronically.
19. These terms shall be governed by Singapore laws and any dispute arising out of the use of the Site shall be referred to the Singapore courts.
Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by us for the following purposes:
In the event that you wish for us to discontinue the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for any of the above purposes, you may also write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the same.
Whenever we send you any marketing information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe. For example, our e-newsletters will have unsubscribe links.
You may update your personal information at any time by accessing your account(s) with us or by writing in to us at email@example.com to inform us of the same.
For the avoidance of doubt, you consent to:
(a) Mediacorp and/or Mediacorp’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes and situations as described above;
(b) Mediacorp and/or Mediacorp’s group companies transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s and/or Mediacorp’s group companies’ third party service providers or agents for the purposes and situations as described above.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access and other similar risks. Access to your account(s) is password protected. Thus, no other party, including Mediacorp employees, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You are responsible for the safe-keeping of your password. You must not, at any time, disclose your password to any third party. We will not be responsible and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any losses or damage incurred by you whatsoever caused by your non-compliance to any of the foregoing. All information gathered by Mediacorp is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorised Mediacorp staff using assigned user ids and passwords. In certain areas, Mediacorp uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Mediacorp may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our platforms. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes. You agree that your continued use of our products and services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
When you access, use and/or interact with the Mediacorp Services, we or our authorized service providers may use "cookies", “web beacons” and other tracking technologies where small data files are sent to your browser, application or device to store and track information about you. The cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, online behavioral data, profiles of users and their preferred sites. They enable our own system to recognise you when you visit us again, enhance your web-viewing experience and allow for more effective online targeted advertising. You may accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser, application or device, if the browser, application or device so permits. However, note that you may not be able to use all interactive features on the Mediacorp Services if cookies have been disabled completely. While this cookie can tell us when you interact with the Mediacorp Services and which pages you visit, it cannot access other data including from your computer or storage device and it does not contain information intended to identify you personally.
Mediacorp does not utilise persistent cookies to track, or target advertisements to, persons who are resident in the European Union.
This policy is subject to any existing laws of the Republic of Singapore in relation to the protection of information and if required by any lawful authority for any legal purposes such as the enforcement of any laws or to prevent the breaching of any laws, we shall release all such information as is legally required by the requisite and lawful authority in accordance with the directions of the lawful court of the competent jurisdiction.
1 Stars Avenue
(Attention: Data Protection Officer)
Tel: (65) 6333 3888
Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.